Today, a statement shared on the royal family's website confirmed the death of Queen Elizabeth's II husband, Prince Phillip who passed away as the longest serving consort on any British monarch at the age of 99 serving for 73 years alongside the queen. Well, there are 20 amazing facts you didn't know about him till his death.
1. Prince Phillip was born into the Greek and Danish royal family.
2. His family was exiled from Greece when he was only eighteen months old.
4. He met Queen Elizabeth II for the first time in 1936 when she was only 13.
6. He has four children; Charles, Anne, Andrew, Edward.
7. He was the longest serving consort of a reigning British monarch and the longest lived male member of the British royal family.
8. He died two months before his 100th birthday.
Content created and supplied by: Savic001 (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More