Merlin aired for 5 seasons from 2008- to 2012. It doesn't seem all that long that the show came to an end, but in actuality eight years have gone since it's finale. And quite a lot can happen in a few years’ time. It may seem longer because we grew attached to the series and its characters after five seasons. If you are Missing the casts, you can check them out in their latest appearance as shown below;
1) Colin Morgan; The actor that played Merlin, the wizard, but in this case we meet him as a young man without long white beard. Merlin himself is still working out his magical powers in these early days. There’s one problem: When he arrives to Camelot, magic has been outlawed, so he’s forced to hide his abilities. Through the series the man grew, taking on more responsibility.
2) Richard Wilson ; he featured as Gauis, Merlin's teacher. Gaius is a very knowledgeable man working as the royal court’s physician. In addition to his medical background, he also studied sorcery. Merlin’s mother trusts Gaius, sending her young son to stay with him. Gaius guides Merlin through Camelot, acting as a mentor.
3) Bradley James ; Camelot's crown Prince and Merlin's bestfriend. Merlin befriends a young man by the name of Arthur, who is to become the future king. The two are contemporaries, but Merlin keeps a watchful eye on the prince, knowing he might be in danger. Arthur doesn’t agree with his father’s rulings, which makes his bond with Merlin even stronger.
4) Anthony Head ; Uther is the King of Camelot, married to Arthur’s mother Ygraine. His wife was unable to have children so he called on the aid of a magical being. The magic resulted in a son but also the death of his Ygraine. This explains why the king isn’t so keen on magic.
5) Katie McGrath; Arthur is considered an only child by the kingdom, even by Arthur himself. But it turns out he has a half sister, Morgana, who Uther fathered with a High Priestess on the side. Even Morgana wasn't aware untill later in the series and she sought to take her revenge.
6) Angel Coulby; Oh Guinevere, oh sweet Guinevere. She goes by “Gwen” with friends. We can count on Gwen to provide some relief amongst this angst-ridden crowd. Merlin had a crush for Gwen but as faith would have it ,she eventually ends up with Arthur, but she has to do some work before that happens. Like waiting on Morgana?
7) Late John Hurt; It wouldn’t be a proper magical tale without a dragon. The Great Dragon, or Kilgharrah, is chained in a cave under Camelot by … who else … Arthur’s father of course. But he’s very resourceful for a shut-in: He’s able to get into Merlin’s ear, and informs him of a telling prophecy.
Content created and supplied by: Ayopress (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More