Chibuzor Orji popularly known for his stage name as Faze is a Nigerian artist. He was born in the year 1977 in Festac Town, Lagos State as the fourth child among a family of nine children. He is an indigene of Delta-Igbo.
His First School Leaving Certificate was obtained from Nazareth Primary School. He later went to Festac Grammar School before studying in Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma.
Faze became a member of the defunct hip hop group, Plantashun Boiz which consisted of other members, TuFace and BlackFace. The group broke up in 2004 and all the members went solo.
He was one of the best-selling Nigerian artists with 4 solo albums to his name. See solo albums title and year of release below:
1. Faze Alone (2004) – Sold over 3 million copies.
2. Independent (2006) – Sold over 7 million copies.
3. Originality (2008) – It went platinum in the first month of release.
4. ReFAZEd (2012)
Here are some of his all time great songs:
1. Faze Alone
3. Kpo Kpo Di Kpo
4. Loving you everyday
5. Letter to My Brother
6. Tatoo Girls
7. Need Somebody
9. Na true
10. Good Wife
Below are the various awards he won:
1. Best Vocalist at the 2006 Hip Hop World Award.
2. MOBO Awards – Best African Act and Hip-Hop Word Awards – Best R&B/Pop Album of the Year – Independent (2008).
3. SoundCity Awards – Best Choreography Video – Kpo Kpo Di Kpo – (2008).
4. Nigeria Entertainment Awards – Best R&B Album of the Year – (2007).
5. Youth Motivator at the 2009 Criteria Magazine Awards
6. Hip-Hop World Awards – Recording of the Year – Need Somebody – (2008)
7. Achievement in Soundtrack at the 2012 AMAA Awards
In 2007, he reunited with other members of the group and they released an album titled “Plan B".
Faze success in the Nigerian Music Industry cannot be overemphasized or glossed over.
He collaborated with a lot of artists to drop great songs including a recorded single with Wyclef Jean titled “Proud to Be African” in 2004.
Although, there was controversy surrounding his alleged claim to have signed a record deal with Akon's Konvict Music. This claim was denied by Akon himself when he was asked by a reporter.
Faze was also alleged to have gotten himself into an enormous debt but the talented artist denied the allegation as false.
Below are some notable things about Faze:
1. His signature vocals, that is, the ability to sing the highest note.
2. His melodious whistling that sets him apart from other members of the defunct group.
3. He has his own record label called “Independent Entertainment”.
4. He is the first Nigerian artist to have three consecutive platinum albums.
5. Faze is reported to be married. However, there is no news about it online, neither are there pictures of it online.
6. According to Forbes in 2019, Faze net worth is estimated as $2.5 million as at 2017. Although, he is no longer dropping hit songs, he is doing well in other businesses.
7. His social medial handles are: (Instagram: @fazealone), (Twitter: @fazerefazed)
As for me, Faze was my favourite during the era of the Plantashun Boiz and till this day, he remains my best artist of all time.
Do you agree with me?
Who was your favourite among the members of the Plantashun Boiz?
Which of his songs was your favourite?
Kindly leave your comment below.
Please like and share this article.
Content created and supplied by: Deblessed (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More