Omotala Jalade Ekeinde aka African magic as was dubbed by screen nation, started her career in 1995. She initially accompanied a friend of hers to an audition, one thing lead to another, she landed a main character role in Venom of justice directed by Reginald Ebere.
The mother of four is an actress, a musician, a model and a philanthropist. She was the first African celebrity to have had more than a million likes on Facebook. She amassed a lot of awards and fans over the years.
She is of Ondo descent but was born in Lagos by Mr and Mrs. Oluwashola Oluwatoyin Jalade. She grew up in Lagos and started of her tertiary education at Obafemi Awolowo University but finished of at Yaba college of Technology where she obtained a degree in Estate management.
Why l think Omotala Jalade is an ageless living legend is because of the following points:
1. She was the first young Nigerian female actor to have won the Best Actress in an English Speaking Movie titled 'Mortal inheritance' and the overall best actress during the 1997 movie awards
2. She acted the movies: Mortal Inheritance (1995), Lost Kingdom II, Kosorogun II and Blood Sisters II which l remember watching over and over again as of that time. These A list movies landed her the Grand Achiever Awards of the year 2004 and the African Academy Awards of the year 2005.
3. She starred in the movie 'Ije' (2010) which was the highest grossed movie and in the movie 'Last flight to Abuja' (2012) that outwitted other Nollywood block buster movies like Ice Age, Spiderman, Think like a Man, Madagascar and The Avengers. The movie Last flight to Abuja was the second most grossed movie in West African Cinemas before it was topped by the movie 'Phone Swap'.
4. She was listed as one of the top most influential people alongside Kate Middleton, Michelle Obama and Beyonce by Times Magazine in 2013. made a Member of the Order of the Federal Republic 'MFR' by the Nigerian Government in 2014 and got an invitation to join Oscars as voting member in the year 2018.
5. She launched her music career in 2005 of which she has 3 albums to her name. She worked with Harrysong, Uche and Bobby V in some of her songs. She has also worked with Del B, Paul Play, Drumma Boy, Kendrick Dean and Bridge Entertainment during the production of her albums.
6. She is the first Nigerian celebrity to have starred in her own Reality Show 'Omotola: The Real Me, launched in 2012 on African Magic Entertainment, a subsidiary of M- Net movies on DStv.
7. Though she got married at the age of 24 to her lovely and supportive pilot husband, Captain Mathew Ekeinde, she wasn't deterred from achieving all she was able to achieve. I say this because she have amassed about 40 local and international awards.
8. She has four children and still looks curvy and all, this may be attributed to the fact that she gave birth to her kids at a young age, does what makes her happy which is acting, singing and philanthropy, not forgetting the fact that she has a supportive and loving husband.
Pictures from the movie mortal inheritance (1995), the movie that catapulted her after her first star role in Venom of Justice (1995)
Pictures from the movie Ije (2010) and Last Flight to Abuja (2012)
Below are pictures that confirms Omotola Ekeinde Jalade to be Ageless and very curvy model
Below are some of the pictures from her white wedding which took place on board a Dash 7 Aircraft in 2001, 6 years after their cultural marriage
Below are some of the pictures of the lovely actress and her lovely family
Some before and after photos of the beautiful actress
Below are pictures of the Africa's biggest box office actress on stage, making people happy with her vocals
Her philanthropic activities and achievements can not be overlooked because they are so many. She was a UN Food Ambassador in 2005 where she went on missions to Liberia and Sierra Leone and even participated in a world campaign known as Walk the walk project alongside Ellen Johnson Sirleaf, former President of Liberia.
She also supports organizations that aim at youth and young women empowerment, one of which is the Charles Odii's 100SME Africa. She's a human right activist and was involved in amnesty campaigns. Her voice was used to rewrite the Save the Children Campaign UK in 2011. She owns an NGO called the Omotola Youth Empowerment Project 'OYEP'.
The Star recently campaigned against the oil spill in Niger Delta by Shell Company. One of her achievements which l failed to mention earlier on, is the listing as one of the top grossing movie stars the world has ever heard of that included Shah Rukh Khan, Mickie McGowan, Chris Ellis and others.
Though she hasn't featured in any movie after Alter Ego (2017), the Nigerian actress who introduced the cinematic era and who currently has 3 Million followers on Facebook had earlier on in May, 2020 revealed her comeback to her first love 'Music'. She has promised to achieve all she has set out to do when the pandemic is over.
Recent pictures of the beautiful actress confirms that she isn't loosing touch with her beauty and new trends. I await whatever she is cooking currently in the studio, because l believe the beautiful and ageless actress will sure bring out something worth the wait. A comeback after 13 years confirms that she's got great love for music.
To conclude this write up about her, I wish her all the very best of outcomes with her first love which is music and l hope you 'the reader' is convinced that Omotola is an ageless and curvy living legend.
Photo credit: Google
Content created and supplied by: Dr_shredspen (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More