Wizkid is one of the most prominent and biggest artist in Nigeria. The Afrobeats sensation has Dominated the Nigeria music scene for a long time and has great achievement to show for it.
Here are 5 Unbroken international records that Wizkid has set.
1. Wizkid was the first Nigerian to hit Billboard Hot 100 chart. Wizkid became the first Nigerian to have his song "Essence" chart on Billboard Hot 100. Essence is a song off Wizkid "Made In Lagos" album and he featured rising songstress, Tems on the song.
2. Wizkid was the first Nigerian to top Billboard chart. Wizkid became the first Nigerian to appear at the top of the Billboard 100 chart courtesy of "One Dance". One Dance is a song by Canadian-American singer Drake which he featured Wizkid on. The song was released in 2016 and has since then gone ahead to achieve great success.
3. Wizkid was the youngest African Artist to receive a Grammy nomination. The singer received his first Grammy nomination in 2016 after he was featured on Drake's 2016 album which he co-produced. He received the nomination at age 26.
4. Wizkid was the first Afro-pop artist to appear in the Guinness world record. This came as a result of his contribution on "One Dance" which he co-wrote.
5. Wizkid was the first African to have 7 Billboard nominations. Wizkid became the first Nigerian Artist to be nominated 7 times in 7 different categories at the Billboard music awards in 2017. He was nominated for the following categories;
Top R&B collaboration
Top Hot 100 song
Top selling song
Top streaming song(audio)
Top Radio song
Too R&B song.
This can be considered one of Wizkid greatest achievement.
Follow and like this page for more Entertainment Articles. You can also hit the share button to share this article with friends and family.
Do you love Wizkid? Drop a comment to show some love.
Content created and supplied by: Highstardc (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More