It will be recalled that many Nigerians were shocked at the reports that a popular Nollywood actor, Olarenwaju James, AKA 'Baba Ijesha' has been arrested by the Lagos State Police command, after being caught sleeping with a teenager.
More stunning is the fact that, according to the Police, preliminary findings showed that the suspect started sleeping with the victim, who is now aged 14, since she was 7 years old.
Again, worthy of note is that the Police also disclosed that Baba Ijesha has owned up to the crime, and consequently confirmed by video clips captured by a CCTV camera installed in the complainant's house.
To this end, why many people are still in shock on the incident, it is important that parents learn some vital lessons from the sad incident, in order to prevent their wards from falling victim.
1. Women should always pay attention to their female children when bathing for them.
It could be said that if the victim's parents had paid enough attention to the daughter when bathing her, they could have detected the atrocities earlier.
2. If parents can afford it, installation of CCTV cameras should be priotise in homes, as this enables parents to be able to monitor and analyse events in their homes.
This was what helped the complainant, as CCTV cameras was said to have captured some moments which serves as evidence against Baba Ijesha.
However, if one could not afford such, it is important that one is receptive to the immediate neighbours, because oftentimes, they usually have information about what is going on in the neighborhood.
3. Again, it worthy to say that parents should stop entrusting their children to anyone, or even family members, without proper monitoring or vigilance because they assumed the person involved is trustworthy and cannot do any harm to their children, especially the female ones.
Just as any other Nigerian, I was shocked that such popular figure can be caught in such ugly act, hence, we all to be careful on who we trust and entrust our children to.
4. Parents needs to be more friendly with their children, as strict discipline approach, may hinder growing up children to keep issues/secret away from their parents, because of fear that as being instilled in them by this parent's strictness.
5. Parenting should not be left for one partner alone, children who receives training and monitoring from both parents, tends to be more protected from such similar occurrences.
Hence, a child's care shouldn't be left for the husband alone and vice versa.
But in your thoughts, what do you think could have promoted the suspect, who has been happily married since 2013, to engage in such act ?
Content created and supplied by: Harmonizemedia (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More