The Nigerian performer and singer-songwriter, Oritse Femi was born as Oritsefemi Majemite Ekele on 5 January 1985 in Ajegunle, Lagos State, Nigeria. He broke into the Nigerian entertainment scene when he released his first recorded single “Boys dey Binu”. He is best known for his remake of Fela Kuti’s “Double Wahala” song. His rendition of the song earned him two nominations at the 2014 City People Entertainment Awards, winning the award for Most Popular Song of the Year. The 31-years-old talented musician has definitely paved a successful carrer for himself in the entertainment industry.
Here are 10 things you probably didn’t know about the Nigerian talented artist, Oritse Femi:
1. Oritse Femi was born as Oritsefemi Majemite Ekele on 5 January 1985 in Ajegunle, Lagos State, Nigeria.
2. He is the third child of his mother. He was born and raised in a polygamous family of 25 in Ajegunle.
3. He completed his elementary education at Army Children School. He attained his secondary school certificate from Randle Secondary School. He was also an active part of the Ajegunle based Cherubim and Seraphim choirs.
4. He applied to study law at Delta State University in Abraka, but dropped out to concentrate on his music career.
5. He mentioned in an interview that Fela Kuti, Daddy Showkey and Sizzla Kalonji are his greatest influences and role models.
6. He has worked with prominent entertainment stars like D’banj, Davido, Pasuma, 2Face Idibia, Shatta Wale and Yung6ix to mention a few.
7. He mentioned in an interview that his first song ever recorded was titled “Boys dey Binu” (meaning Boys are not Happy).
8. He won the Best Street-Hop Artiste prize at the 2014 Headies Awards. He also won the Most Popular Song of the Year prize at the 2014 City People Entertainment Awards.
9. He was also nominated for various awards including; the Male Artiste of the Year category at the 2014 Nigeria Entertainment Awards and also for the Video of the Year category at the 2014 City People Entertainment Awards.
10. He is best known for his remake of Fela Kuti’s “Double Wahala” song. His rendition of the song earned him two nominations at the 2014 City People Entertainment Awards, winning the award for Most Popular Song of the Year.
Content created and supplied by: josima1 (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More