Akinmayokun Awodumila, better known as May D, is no doubt one of the most naturally talented singers in the Nigeria music Industry. May D’s vocal prowess, distinguished voiced and simple but interesting dancing skills are lit. You didn’t know he was a good dancer, did you?
Well grab some snacks and some juice as I brush you up on some more secrets about the talented artist.
You probably knew May D rode on the back of his former record label bosses, P-Square, to launch his career. There was no better way to introduce himself to the music audience than featuring in their monster hit track 'Chop My Money' that included P-Square and Akon.
The sky seemed to be his starting point for May D until his once blossoming career started nose-diving from the pecking order. Below are five shocking secrets you didn’t know about the Ekiti State-born entertainer.
- While in secondary school, May D has started his career as a dancer. He used to dance at shows to entertain people. He was famous dancer back then.
- He had accommodation challenges. This is the reason Alaye, a UK based rapper introduced him to P-Square so they could allow him squat in their mansion. He would also get busy by assisting the twin brothers do one thing or the other.
- He lived with P-Square in their mansion for four years before they discovered his music talent. They decided to invest in his career. Less than a year after the twin brothers started investing on him, he called it quit.
- He was a Mass Communication student of the University of Lagos, but dropped out after having extra year, due to the fact that he could not cope with being an artiste, father and student simultaneously.
- May D doesn’t have any favourite drink, but he doesn’t joke with his wraps. He has a penchant for the stuff.
- On the 18th day of July, 2020, May D got signed to Nigerian international star, Davido’s record label, Davido Music Worldwide (DMW).
Now Fams, do you think May D’s musical career is about to be rejuvenated under his new record label? May D’s new Davido Music Worldwide Label (DMW) is the home of some really great artist like Mayorkun, Peruzzi, Davido, Dremo as many others. It’s considered the biggest anong modern record labels in Africa.
Content created and supplied by: FreshPrints (via Opera News )