Folarin Falana popularly known as Falz is a Nigerian artiste and song writer. Falz is a talented singer honored home and abroad for his rapping skills and play on words, mostly, to criticize the government or the society. He is good at what he does and very happy with the career he has chosen.
However, they are 10 remarkable things about this talented Nigerian rapper you need to know in this article that you probably didn't know before now:
1. Falz' father name is Temi Falana, a prominent Nigerian lawyer and human activist.
2. Folarin Falana was born in Lagos, Nigeria on October 27, 1990 and Falz is his stage name.
3. He graduated from the Nigeria Law School in Abuja, Nigeria. After graduating with a LLB honours degree, he became a member of the University of Reading.
4. During his school years, Falz formed an all boy group called “The School Boys”. In 2009, while still in secondary school, he released a compilation mixtape titled “Shakara”.
5. He shot into the music scene in 2009, after releasing his single “Marry Me” which featured Yemi Alade and Poe. In 2015, the single won him a nomination for the “Best Collaboration of the Year” category at the Nigeria Entertainment Awards.
6. Falz is the founder of his owns record label called “Bahd Guys Records”.
7. His singles “High Class” and “Currency” gained him the attention he needed to break through the Nigerian music industry.
8. In 2014, he was listed at number 9 amongst the “Top 10 Most Gifted Rappers in Nigeria”.
9. Falz won the “Best Actor in a Comedy Movie/Series” at the 2016 Africa Magic Viewer’s Choice Awards for his role in Jenifa’s Diary.
10. His stage name Falz the Bahd Guy orginated from, Falz which is a short version of his last name, Falana. Bahd Guy is a acronym for “Brilliant And Highly Distinct”.
Hitherto, the young Nigerian artiste, Falz the bahd guy, is still up and doing in his music career. One of his latest songs, 'pop daddy' has gone viral. He released the song to kick start the year 2020, featuring Ms Banks, an English rapper from Southeast London. Indeed it's popping all over the place.
Content created and supplied by: Iwungha (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More