According to Center for Disease Control and Prevention, here are a few tips you could use to do away with mosquitoes in and around your home.
Image Credit - Shutterstock
1. Once a week, empty and scrub, turn over, cover, or throw out any items that hold water like tires, buckets, planters, toys, pools, birdbaths, flowerpot saucers, or trash containers. Mosquitoes lay eggs near water. Especially stagnant water.
2. Kill mosquitoes inside your home. Use an indoor insect spray to kill mosquitoes and treat areas where they rest. When using insecticides, always follow label directions. Only using insecticide will not keep your home free of mosquitoes.
3. Use larvicides to treat large containers of water that will not be used for drinking and cannot be covered or dumped out.
4. Tightly cover water storage containers (buckets) so that mosquitoes cannot get inside to lay eggs.
5. Keep mosquitoes away by spraying lavender oil around your home and the surrounding you are. You can also put some on your body to repel mosquitoes and avoid getting bit. A few drops of lavender oil also go a long way toward soothing an existing bite, too.
6. Endeavor to shut doors properly when you exit through a door. Keep windows closed when you are not in need of fresh air and once it is evening.
7. Keep the environment neat. A dirty environment is undisputably a breeding ground for mosquitoes. Chase them out of your home by ensuring the home is neat at all times.
Source: Center for Disease Control and Prevention
Content created and supplied by: Georgiapens (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More