2. It's also the second largest river, in the world after the Amazon.
3. The Congo River, is the world's deepest recorded river, with measured depths of 220 m (720 ft).
4. It has a length of 4700 kilometers, making it the world's ninth-longest river.
5. It is the only major river, known to cross the equator twice.
6. The Congo River was formally called "Zaire".
7. This River's drainage basin is an area larger than the whole of India.
8. The sources of the Congo, are in the highlands and the mountains of East Africa.
9. The River, discharges it's volume to the Atlantic Ocean.
10. Scientists have calculated that the entire Congo Basin, accounts for 13 percent of the world's hydropower potential.
11. Over 800 fish species have been recorded from the Congo River Basin.
12. There are little or no bridges for crossing the Congo Basin. There is only a few number of ferries available.
13. The size of the Congo Basin is 4014500 square kilometers.
14. This River, occupies 13 percent of the entire African landmass.
15. The River flows through the Congo rainforest, which is also the second largest rainforest in the world, after the Amazon.
Make sure to follow me on this platform, so as to see more EXPOSITIONS, INFO, and ENTERTAINING CONTENTS. LIKE, SHARE to family members, friends, and don't forget to drop off your REVIEWS as COMMENTS.
Content created and supplied by: Vick (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More