When it comes to getting dressed the fashion industry offers many alternatives so we can hide those bits of our body we do not like and enhance what we consider most sensual and attractive, so it is important wear clothing that is right for us. If you have some extra kilos accumulated in the abdomen but you're a fan of dresses, or have a special event that requires dressing more elegant, surely you wonder how to choose dresses that hide your belly fat. On This blog we give you all the keys you need on this subject.
Steps to follow:
1. The first step to choose dresses that hide your belly fat, help disguise the tummy and highlight your strengths, is knowing how to choose the type of fabric. Avoid lycra, polyester and all fabrics that fit cling to the body, because they only make that area more prominent, proving more difficult to hide. Aim for cotton, satin fabrics, etc.
2. If you do not want your belly to stand out then don't choose a look that makes you look right at it, so it is important not to wear belts in this area, that will only focus attention there. Aim for dresses with details at the neckline or waist but away from the belly, and that highlight your smallest features. Use attractive and stylish accessories to your advantage to create a balance and make the eyes to focus on your face and your upper torso.
3. It is also very important to choose the right color. Bright colors like fuchsia, yellow, orange etc, tend to expand the figure a bit, so should preferably be avoided. Go for darker shades such as black, brown and navy blue. Similarly if you love prints choose smaller and more discrete designs and forget those that are very flashy or make you look bigger than you actually are, including your belly.
4. Clothes without volume in the belly, ruffles, sequins, etc. are a wise decision. You do not want to add more to this area nor want to be the first thing people see, so avoid Peplum designs like the one on this image.
5. Always go for well designed heavier clothing with lines for you figure that create a balance. Drop dresses with a tailored skirt are an excellent choice to balance your body. Straight cuts are also a good alternative.
6. The princess cut is ideal for you as it makes the attention be focused on the area below the neck and disguises the belly and is ideal if you're looking for a prom dress. It is also advisable that you avoid wearing dresses with elastic in the belly area because this usually makes the area look tighter and therefore highlighted.
Content created and supplied by: Pearlove (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More