Photocredit: Google images
Skin lightening agents are natural extracts that reduces or stop the production of melanin in the skin. Africans secrete a lot of melanin in their body unlike the white which is why ourskin are dark because melanin is what gives us the dark colour.
Melanin also called pigments is a substance that gives the skin and hair it's natural colour. In humans, those with darker skin have a higher amounts of melanin while those with less pigment have lighter or fairer skin.
Example of skin lightening agents are
1) Kojic acid
2) Licorice acid
3) Lactic acid
4) Walnut shell
6) Rice flour
7) Gram flour
8) Gluthathione powder
9) Tumeric powder
10) Alpha arbutin
11) salicylic acid
12) Niacinamide and many more
1)KOJIC ACID: is a skin lightening agent, it works by inhibiting the formation of tyrosine which is needed to produce melanin, because it inhibits production of melanin , it has lightening effect on the skin. Kojic acid can be found in a number of different types of cosmetics products including powders, serum, creams, cleansers, soaps and many more because of its effectiveness.
2) LICORICE ACID: is a common ingredient used in many skincare products to lighten discoloration or pigmentation, in addition it has skin soothing and anti-inflammatory properties. It is often used in products meant for sensitive skin and skin lightening products.
3) LACTIC ACID: is a skin lightening agent specifically used to treat hyperpigmentation, age spots and other factors that contribute to a dull and uneven complexion. Other benefits of lactic acid includes improved skin tone and reduced pore appearance.
4) GLUTHATHIONE POWDER: is a skin lightening agents used in many skin lightening products. It lowers the production of melanin in your skin hence your skin producing lighter tones and it's other benefits includes clearing wrinkles and fine lines.
5) TUMERIC POWDER: is a skin lightening agents that helps lighten the colour of the skin at the same time restore skin's natural glow, hydrate and sooth dry skin. Other benefits of tumeric powder includes it's anti-inflammatory and acne fighting properties.
6) ALPHA ARBUTIN: is a skin lightening agents derived from plants such as cranberries, blueberries and many more. It is a botanical based skin lightening agent used for sensitive and uneven skin tone. Other benefits includes lightening dark spots, lessens appearance of acne scars and many more.
7) SALICYLIC ACID: is an oil based skin lightening agents hence its ability to penetrate through the lipid layers between the skin cells more readily. It helps in lightening the skin, even out skin tone and many more. It also known for targeting acne especially blackheads and white heads.
These are just few of the botanical skin lightening agent our there.
It is advisable to go for a beauty product containing botanical or natural skin lightening agent which will help add lustre and glow to your skin while giving you that even and light skin tone you desire.
At all cost avoid harmful synthetic skin lightening agent such as hydroquinone which is a rave in the beauty product industry due to its rapid skin lightening effect but in the long run it does more harm to the skin than good.
A detailed article contains these harmful synthetic skin lightening agent will be published soon.
Thank you for reading
For more updates, kindly follow and keep up
Stay indoors and stay safe.
Content created and supplied by: Fashionandbeautynews (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More