WHAT IS THE TERM SKINCARE?
Skin care is the range of practices that supports skin integrity, enhances its appearance and relieves skin conditions. They can include nutrition, avoidance of excessive sun exposure and appropriate use of emollient
Blotting a clean tissue on your face in the morning is an easy way to find out your skin type
Oily skin: Usually characterised by enlarged pores, full or shiny and thick complexion, black heads, pimples or other blemishes. Caused by hyperactive oil glands causing the oil content of the skin to be abnormally high. It is usually as a result of genetics, puberty, age and hormonal imbalance.
Dry skin: Characterized by visible pores, dull, rough complexion, red patches, less elasticity and more visible lines. when exposed to drying factors, such skin can crack, peel or become itchy, irritated or inflamed. If your skin is dry it can become rough and scaly especially on the back of your hands, arms and legs. It can also be as a result of genetics, exessive exposure to sun or reaction from the chemicals in some skin products.
Combination skin: Can be dry or normal in some areas and oily elsewhere such as the t-zone (nose, forehead and chin). It can produce overly dilated pores, blackheads and shiny skin.it is as a result of genetics, cosmetics, excessive exposure to sun, and hormonal changes.
Normal skin: Not too dry not too oily. It has no or few imperfections, no severe sensitivity, barely visible pores and a radiant complexion.
Sensitive skin: this is not really a skin type but it can be added here. Sensitive skin has the characteristics of dry, oily and combination skin. Normal skin is rarely sensitive. A sensitive skin is reactive to almost every environment, hair products, cosmetics, water, jewelry, change of products, strong ingredients, it often stings, tingles, itches and brings out secretion.
How to determine your skin type
Step 1: wash your face to remove makeup. Wash with a gentle cleanser and pat dry to remove oils and dirt that may have accumulated during the day, giving your skin a fresh start. Do not over wash though.
Step 2: Wait for 30 minutes, during this time your skin will return to its normal state, the characteristics of which you determine your skin type. Act normally and don't touch your face.
Step 3: Dab your face with a tissue, pay attention to the t-zone i.e the area of your forehead and nose. From here you can determine the category your skin falls into.
Simple daily routine that will improve your skin
1) Drink more water. Your skin will produce more oil if it is dehydrated to keep itself lubricated. One of the most important things you can do for your skin is to stay healthy. Your skin is part of you, it can be affected by your environment, products you use, stress levels, diet, lifestyle choices and more.
2) Exfoliation: this helps to remove dead skin cells, thus boosting the nature of the skin. Exfoliate once or twice a week depending on skin type. For instance some skins are very stubborn and have a lot of dead cells which stop creams or soaps to be effective. Such skin can exfoliate twice a week. That is why sometimes after using a skin care product, people will just conclude that the product is not working on their skin. That only happens because the product hasn't even gotten into your body yet because of the dead skin cells that have blocked all the pores. (We will throw more light on this topic in the subsequent class)
3) Exercising: exercising daily open up your pores and helps toxins escape from the skin.
4) Eat healthy foods.
5) Use good makeup products.
6) Avoid chemical-infused skincare products. Opt for organic products gotten from fruits, vegetables and all types of plants.
7) Develop a habit of always washing your face(not too often in a day) and avoid touching it afterwards as you will only put back dirt on the already washed face.
SKIN TYPE TREATMENT
How to treat dull skin
1 tbsp of aloe vera gel
1 tbsp of brown sugar
Open an aloe vera plant to extract the gel,mix the gel with a teaspoon of brown sugar
Apply the scrub to your face and neck and leave for 15 minutes. Rinse your face thoroughly. These can be done twice a week
How to treat oily skin
Ingredients: 1 Avocado, ½ teaspoon lemon juice, 1 egg white
Directions: combine ingredients to make a paste and apply to skin, allow to dry then rinse with cool water
How to remove acne scars
Ingredients: 4 tbsp lemon juice, 3 tbsp plain yogurt, 4 tbsp honey, 1 egg white
Directions: mix together, apply to clean face and let to sit for 15 minutes then rinse with cool water
Helpful for people who pop their pimples always,if you can't stop bursting the pimples,you can use this to remove the scars
Know your skintype today and take good care of your skin
Kindly like, follow and drop a comment
Content created and supplied by: Oma_ (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More