The advantage of braiding is that your natural hair will require minimal upkeep for an extended period of time.
It's one of the main reasons why this protective style takes over our social media feeds every summer. However, contrary to popular belief, they must be washed and maintained at least once a month.
How To Wash Braided Hair Extensions
1. You should divide your hair into four portions. Apply shampoo to the scalp and gently work it in with your fingers to remove grime.
If you have a lot of product buildup from utilizing oils, greases, and growth aids, try using a soft and small baby toothbrush.
2. Once the dirt has been taken from the scalp, band your four pieces of hair to ensure that the braids stay in place and do not mat during the washing process.
Apply extra diluted shampoo to your hair. Squeeze portions of your braids to allow the shampoo to penetrate and cleanse the hair from within. Rinse your hair with water.
3. What you should do next is to apply deep squeeze hair to make it penetrate the braids.
4. You should rinse the hair to remove all conditioners.
5. Lastly, you should band the braids untill they are about 50% dry. Then remove the bands and gently use your fingers to detangle the hair if you have loose ends.
Moisturize Braided Hair Extensions.
The hair under your braids still needs to be cared for. Make sure your hair is hydrated while in braids, just like it was when it was loose. However, because braided hair absorbs some of the moisture from the hair, your hair need extra moisture. Use a liquid moisturizer or braid spray twice day, liberally spraying it on your tresses to keep them from becoming thirsty. A liquid moisturizer is the finest option because it can enter the braids and get to your actual hair.
Please share this article with any lady.
Content created and supplied by: Longsonkev (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More