Keeping beards is one of the trending things in men. Some people even call it beard gang.
There is absolutely no harm in keeping beards but keeping them neat and hygienic may be an issue. It is very easy to keep beards but may be difficult for some men to maintain it to be clean.
When the beards are not kept clean, certain bacteria can breed in and cause discomfort.
Here are the common beards problems men face:
1. Itching: Beard gets worse during sunny days because of the high heat and sweat. It often happens that the sweat gets accommodated, which creates irritation afterward.
It is the dry skin underneath the beard that causes this irritation in summers. To deal with this use, aloe Vera gel is highly hydrating and soothing for the skin. It will help you get rid of the itchiness almost instantly and won’t leave any residue either. However, consult a dermatologist before confirming any skin allergies.
2. Dandruff: Contrary to what people mostly believe, dandruff can occur anywhere on the body where hairs are present. Dandruff occurs in the beard also.
This problem is quite embarrassing, and you won’t want dandruff to ruin your image, hence keep in mind the following remedy. Apply tea tree oil and coconut oil, which are antifungal and help you get rid of dandruff. If you don’t get the desired result, consult a skin specialist and seek treatment.
3. Smelly beards: This problem is often caused due to improper hygiene. Grooming your beard is essential, and you need to develop a habit of making sure you wash your beard twice daily during bathing times.
A smelly beard can make situations uncomfortable for you. Use shampoo twice or thrice a week, sulfate-free with conditioner to neutralize the smell with oil-rich lotions and beard creams if available.
4. Uneven hair growth: This beard problem is faced by many people and is quite common. The beard does not grow in one or a few particular areas, which makes it look uneven. Use olive oil and castor oil to promote growth in that region. Regular use of conditioner is essential, which will prevent thinning of hair.
5. Ingrown hair: Beard hairs, when shaved or cut, grow back into boil shaped instead of straight out, that part of your face has ingrown hair. This causes an itchy feeling the follicle gets inflamed by direct sunlight.
It is more likely to happen if you have tight curly beard hairs. The hairs can be grown by putting some beard oil and wash your face an ample number of times to avoid further follicle or puss growth.
6. Tangled beard: A few tangles in the beard must be fine, but a tangled beard looks unhygienic and unprofessional in most cases. Tangles are created in the beard mostly because the hairs grow long and thick, which results in tangling.
To get a clean look, brush your beard regularly when it is wet. Apply beard lotion or oil after your beard grooming session to make dry ends tameable.
7. Acne: Beard can be a little hard to handle when you have acne on your face due to it. You can’t just shave it off because that’s generally not an option.
Beard acne happens because the hairs get trapped in the pimple and lead to infection due to moisture and heat. Exposure to pollution is also a significant factor for acne to grow. A bacterium accumulates around the hair follicles, and ingrown hair can contribute to inflammation.
This can even cause painful acne around the face. As a cure for this, use tea tree oil.
Content created and supplied by: MatronJcares (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More