Simplicity is a major rule for fashion minimalists. With a minimalist style, you should have a single goal of being basic. Simple is classy, they say. Keep reading for tips on minimalist fashion.
Photo credit: canva
1. Minimalism is all about having the necessary fashion items and nothing more. You have to create a capsule wardrobe full of essentials and no extra. Get a couple of plain clothing items, this will help you have a limitless range of things to wear.
2. Get basic pieces. Go for T-shirts, sweaters, black jeans, flats, white sneakers, and other fashion items that can be matched easily.
Photo Credit: Pinterest
3. Mix shapes together. While you do not need items with extra frills, ruffles or embroidery; you should get items of different shapes. For instance, you could match a box cut top with straight trousers and a nice pair of white sneakers. Also, go for shift dresses and A-line skirts. Having items of different shapes enable you to mix and match the items to create distinct looks.
4. Layering is key in minimalist fashion. To get the best out of this look, have enough tank tops and camisoles. Likewise, get plain jackets and costs.
Photo Credit: FashionGum
5. Do not be afraid to add some colour to your minimalist wardrobe. Although it is crucial to have items in black, white, grey and other dark hues; a little pop of colour wouldn't hurt. For the perfect minimalist look, pair a coloured T-shirt with a dark hue pair of trousers and sneakers.
In all you do, go for quality items. The goal of minimalism is to save cost and still look fashionable. Ensure you buy durable items that will last.
Will you join the minimalist fashion trend? Tell me in the comments below
Content created and supplied by: Prosperelle (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More