Thinning hair sometimes known as "Telogen Effluvium" is a condition in which hair falls out. This could be due to a number of factors for example stress. Not all cases are severe as it lasts for just a few months although, some cases might last longer.
Reasons why your edges are thinning.
1. Tight hairstyles: this causes stress and mechanical damage to your hair.
2. Chemicals: Frequent relaxing or dyeing weakens the hair and causes it to fall as these products have strong chemical composition. Other substances like bonding glue, sulphates in shampoos are also damaging to hair.
3. Poor diet: what you consume affects your hair. Inadequate vitamins can either slow down hair growth or cause hair loss.
4. Over styling: manipulating the hair too much encourages breakage. Stick to low manipulative styles for at least a month.
5. Hormones : androgen hormones like testosterone and DHEA promote hair growth. When these hormones are lacking, hair shedding could occur.
How to grow your edges back.
1. Weekly scalp massage with essential oils.
2. Reduce the use of heat and chemicals on your hair.
3. Avoid constant application of edge control or gel to your edges. It's okay not to lay your edges.
4. Sleep with satin bonnets, scarf or pillowcase.
5. Wear protective styles and avoid tight hairstyles.
6. Eat foods that promote hair growth.
Lastly, be patient! they won't grow back overnight.
Like , comment and share if you found this helpful or tell us what works for you. ☺
Content created and supplied by: Girlnextdoor (via Opera News )