You can describe a skirt as a free-hanging garment worn by women and girls. There are different types of skirts. Skirts are made from fabrics such as cotton, wool, silk, rayon, cashmere, and many more. When paired with the right top or blouse and appropriate accessories, skirts give an outstanding appeal. Keep reading for 5 casual skirt styles you should add to your wardrobe.
Photo Credit: Istock
1. Denim Skirts. Made from jeans materials, denim skirts are a perfect fit for casual attires. There are different styles and sizes of Denim skirts. You can choose based on your preference. Pair your denim skirts with white sneakers for an extra look.
Photo Credit: Jumia Nigeria
2. Column Skirt. This is a straight skirt with no flare or fullness at the waist or hemline. This skirt is great for different body shapes. You can pair it with a loose top and appropriate accessories.
Photo Credit: Kasper
3. Asymmetrical Skirts. This style of skirt is unique and beautiful for every body shape. The asymmetrical skirt is also called the high low skirt. The hem is higher in the front or side than at the back. Perfect with heels, the asymmetrical skirt gives a flattering effect when styled rightly.
Photo Credit: Pinterest
4. Knit Skirts. If you are aiming for ac comfortable but preppy look, you can never go wrong by choosing knit skirts. These skirts are knitted, just like the name implies. There are variations of the knit skirt, from long to short, and various designs.
Photo Credit: Pinterest
5. Broomstick skirts. Though with an unusual name, the broomstick skirt is made with tightly pleated tiers that flare up to make a shape similar to the bunched bristles of a broom. For an extremely casual look, go for the broomstick skirt.
Photo Credit: Elist10
Which will you add to your collection? Let me know in the comments below.
Content created and supplied by: Prosperelle (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More