How beautiful are those rains when you are inside the house, sipping your beloved tea and feeling warm. But surely, it doesn't last long because there's somewhere to go and work to do. Rainy season can be very disturbing mostly for career women that have to go out for work but that is nothing to worry about if you are trying to look cute and stylish.
Instead of letting a rainy day get you down, you can dress it up cheerfully. From soaked clothes to squishy shoes, your perfect ensemble could be in havoc just because of a light shower from above. Aside from having a shower cap, umbrella, and jelly shoes on hand, you'll also need to change your dress code to match the weather. From fashionable and waterproof outerwear to shoes that are a bit more rain-friendly, these are the tips, tricks, and outfit ideas you need to get through the rainy season in style.
So are you a career woman? These few fashion tips will help you get through the rainy season.
1. Invest in cropped pants: Rainy season is the best time to rock your cropped pants because they won’t drag on the wet ground
2. Wear Dark Colors
Dark colours are less transparent when they get wet. Aside that, they tend to hide spots and stains better than light colours.
3. Invest in a jelly bag: Aside from getting rubber shoes, get a jelly bag and store your leather bags for a while. Jelly bags are just as fashionable as leather bags and come in a variety of styles. If jelly bags aren't your style, patent leather bags are a terrific alternative.
4. Bring out your blazers: You might not have worn your blazer during the dry season due to heat but now the weather is cold, it's the right time to rock those blazers
5. Long-sleeved shirts: If you are the type that don't usually wear long sleeved shirts, now is the time to get some. For a more professional look, pair them with a sleeveless jacket.
6. Midi skirts are great for the season:
Give your wide leg pants a break and bring out those midi skirts. They help to keep you warm and still maintain a formal yet stylish appearance.
7. A simple corporate style Opt for corporate style dresses. Maxi dresses and bodycon dresses should be avoided
Photo credit: Instagram
Content created and supplied by: fashionista1 (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More