Charcoal and activated charcoal are two different types of charcoal. Charcoal is the one we normally get from burnt wood, books,e t.c. Activated charcoal is mainly gotten from burnt coconut shell and woods too most times. The difference between charcoal and activated charcoal is that in activated charcoal, the coconut shell is burnt at a very very high temperature with the absence of oxygen and then it is further processed at a very high steam.
Activated charcoal contains many properties that are beneficial to our,skin,health and hair. Activated charcoal has also become an active ingredient in most food and drinks we take in.
Here are some benefits of activated charcoal:
1. Discoloured teeth: This is the most popular use of charcoal. If you want your teeth to be white,then charcoal is the best remedy.
Put a teaspoon of charcoal in water, deep your tooth brush in the mixture and use to brush your teeth for 7 days. This can be done with any type of charcoal.
2. Itchy and discoloured armpit: If you have an itchy or discoloured armpit, you just need to mix a teaspoon of charcoal mixed with honey and apply on your armpit. Leave for 20mins before rinsing off. This can be done with any type of charcoal.
3. Serves as a temporary hair dye: If you wish to dye your hair to black colour, and don't feel like using any chemical,then you need to try this charcoal mixture.
Put 3 teaspoons of charcoal,in a blender,add a table spoon of aloe vera gel,add grinded flax seed and hot water. Blend the mixture together. Apply all over the hair, and cover with a shower cap. Leave on for 30mins before washing off.
4.For Black heads: Charcoal mask is the fastest solution for Black heads.
In a plate,pour in 3 tablespoon of charcoal and a teaspoon of PVA glue. Mix properly and apply to your face using a brush. Allow it dry before peeling out.
5.For a glowing skin: Charcoal contains properties, that can make your skin glow.
In a bowl pour in some charcoal ( depending on the quantity you want),add some baking powder, citric acid and aroma oil. Mix properly and apply all over the body. Wait for 20mins before having a shower.
6. For hair dandruff: To get rid of dandruff,in a plate add two tablespoon of charcoal,add a little shampoo and water,mix properly and use to wash your hair. This should be only done one a black hair.
7.As an eye liner: When your eye liner gets finished or you just feel like using an eye liner free of chemical,then you should try this.
In plate,add two tablespoon of charcoal,a tablespoon of coconut oil and a tablespoon of aloe vera. Mix properly, with an eye liner brush, apply on your eye.
8.As a Mascara: Charcoal can also be used as a mascara, it doesn't just darken the eye lashes,but also helps condition it.
In a plate,add a tablespoon of charcoal,a tablespoon of coconut oil and beewax. Mix properly. Apply on lashes with a mascara brush.
Some medical uses of charcoal are;
1. It is used as a treatment for poison: Charcoal is a very active treatment for poison if taken within one hour, the poison was taken.
2. For diarrhea: Having diarrhea can be quite annoying and sometimes life threatening. Charcoal contains some properties that help stop diarrhea.
3. Skin infection: With so many skin infection caused by harsh chemicals,most times it is difficult to find the right treatment. Charcoal is a very good remedy for most skin infection.
4. Treats hangover: Activated charcoal contains properties that helps with hangover.
5. Helps with drug overdose: Activated charcoal is seen in most hospitals,cause it is one of the fastest remedy for drug overdose.
6. Helps relive insect bites: Addition of charcoal to insects bites,helps relive the pain and swelling.
Activated charcoal has also been used in making some food,drugs and drinks.
Content created and supplied by: Bambi12 (via Opera News )