The Miss World pageant was founded by Eric Morley in 1951. It is the oldest running beauty pageant in the world. Miss World, Miss Earth, Miss International and Miss Universe are the four major International beauty pageants.
Pictures: Eric Morley
This country boasts of very beautiful women. No wonder they have won the title six times.
1. Reita Faria Powell born 1943 won the title in 1966 making her the first Indian and Asian woman to win the title. She is also the first winner to become a medical doctor.
2. Aishwarya Rai born 1973 won the title in 1994 in South Africa. She is an actress.
3. Diana Hayden born in 1973 won the title in 1997 in Seychelles. In the same competition she won Continental Queen of Asia and Oceania, Miss Photogenic and Spectacular Swimwear.
4. Yukta Mookhey born 1979 won the title in 1999. She is a leading Bollywood actress.
5. Priyanka Chopra born 1982 won the title in 2000. She is an actress in both Bollywood and Hollywood.
6. Manushi Chhillar born 1997 won their last title in 2017.
This particular country takes beauty pageants extremely serious. This might be the reason they top almost all pageant charts. They tie India with the most Miss World Winners at six wins too.
1. Carmen Susana Duijm Zubillaga (1936-2016) was the first Venezuelan and Latin American to win the Miss World title. She won in 1955.
2. Pilin Leon (birth name: Carmen Josefina Leon Crespo) born 1963 won the title in 1981. She is currently a writer.
3. Astrid Carolina Herrera born 1963 won the title in 1984. She became an actress in Mexico and Venezuela.
4. Ninibeth Beatriz Leal Jimenez born 1971 won the title in 1991.
5. Jacqueline Maria Aguilera Marcano born 1976 won the title in 1995. She also won Top Model of the World title in the same year.
6. Ivian Sarcos born 1989 won the last Miss World title for Venezuela in 2011 in London. She also won Miss Amazonas and Most Beautiful Face in 2010 as well as Miss World Americas in 2011.
Fifteen other countries have won multiple Miss World titles while nineteen countries have won only once. Agbani Darego is the first and only Nigerian woman to win the Miss World title.
Let me know what you think in the comments section below.
Like share and follow.
Follow me on Instagram @barley_snooty1
Thanks for reading
Content created and supplied by: BarleySnooty1 (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More