Soap is produced by the saponification or hydrolysis of fat and oil or triglycerides. In this process, the fat and oil (triglyceride) is reacted with a strong base such a sodium or potassium hydroxide to produce glycerol and fatty acids salt. Saponification literally means 'soap making' from the root word 'sapo', which is Latin for soap.
(Image Is For Illustration Purpose)
In this article, I'll be showing you how to make bar soap so you'll be able to make money from it.
These are the raw materials you'll need
1. Fat or Oil : These are some oil- palm kernel oil, Argan oil, Apricot Kernel oil, Palm oil, olive oil etc.
2. Caustic Soda - This is highly corrosive and can cause injury to the skin so care should be taken when handling it in either solution or powder form.
3. Soda Ash
4. Sodium sulphate
5. Sodium silicate
6. Aluminium sulphate
8. Colorant (oil soluble) : Use the colorant you like, it gives the soap color
If you're producing on a large scale, you'll need these equipments
• Hydrometer - For measuring the density of the soap chemical in the solution.
• Mixer and Boiler - For mixing the chemicals into the solution and boiling the solution as well.
• Mould - For solidifying and giving the soap shape when dry.
• Cutting Machine - For cutting soap into sizes
• Stamping Machine - For stamping your brand name band trade mark on the soap
• Safety Wears - For protection of the skin eg hand gloves, coats and boots
The Procedure :
Step 1: Put the oil in a metal drum or mixer and warm it. Add the oil soluble colorant and stir until it's uniform. Drop the mixer from heat.
Step 2: Add caustic soda to the solution and stir to blend.
Step 3: Add soda ash and stir to blend.
Step 4: Add sodium sulphate and stir to blend.
Step 5: Perfume and stir to blend.
Step 6: Add sodium silicate and stir to blend, sodium silicate hardens up the solution quickly.
Step 7: Pour the thick liquid soap formed into the mould and leave for 12 hours to 24 hours for proper solidification.
Step 8: Remove the solidified soap from the mould and cut into any shape you desire.
Give it a nice and attractive package/branding so it'll get people's attention if you want to sell.
I'll be posting how to make liquid soap next so follow me for more posts.
Please Like, Share and Comment.
Content created and supplied by: TaiwoSamwell (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More