Dry lips can be really annoying and painful. Everyone gets this feeling at some point especially during the harmattan season. There are a lot of ways to get dry lips treated naturally. When your lips are dry, they just need a lot of moisturizing and protection to help them heal. When treated or cared for the right way, they'll be healed even before you know it.
Below are the best ways to heal dry lips.
1. Use a lip balm that is made from natural plant oils so your lips can heal. Lip balms made from plant oils are very good so long as they were not mixed with perfumes of any kind. Some natural plant oils a good lip balm should contain include mineral oil, shea butter, beeswax, hemp seeds oil and castor oil.
2. Lip balms with fragrance and harsh ingredients should be avoided totally. Some lip balms do not contain natural ingredients. They contain harsh ingredients that can dry out the lips more. Before buying any lip balm, carefully check the ingredients. Some ingredients that dry out the lips are salicylic acid, phenyl, oxybenzone, lanolin, menthol, propyl, eucalyptus ND camphor. Flavourings and fragrances are not left out too as they also dry the lips. If you presently make use of lip balms and they contain any of the ingredients listed above, discontinue use.
3. The best and most simple lip moisturizer is petroleum jelly. It is the primary ingredient in most lip balms out there. It's perfect in healing dry lips as it deeply moisturizes the lips because it's very thick and locks in moisture perfectly.
4. Avoid licking your lips in a bid to wet them.
5. Drink lots of water to keep your lips hydrated.
6. Don't breathe through your mouth to avoid dry lips. Always breathe through your nose.
Content created and supplied by: Specialchild (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More