Belts are not just a fashion accessory, over the years, they have come to be an integral part of dressing, so much so that stepping out without one makes you feel incomplete. Below are some common bet rules every man should know and never forget.
1. The bigger the belt buckle, the most casual the belt is. Avoid wearing a belt with a big buckle with your suit. It will look ridiculous.
2. When wearing dress shoes (Oxfords, Monkstrap, Derby, Formal Pumps, Formal Loafers etc) you should stick to tiny/narrow leather belts as they are the most formal. These types can also be worn on dress pants, chinos, and dark denim.
3. When wearing casual shoes such as canvas or sneakers, you can wear thicker casual belts such canvas belts or fabric belts. These are generally considered more casual.
4. A brown belt can be worn with any color of suit except the black suit.
5. For a corporate look and other formal looks, you should stick to the classic buckle style — the simple silver square framed buckle with single prong. Note that for a well-tailored suit, you can choose not to wear belts by tailoring your trousers with side-adjusters instead of belt loops. In this case, you can wear suspenders in place of a belt or just go belt less.
These rules should always guide our fashion style especially when it comes to how we wear belts.
Leave your comments below and don't forget to like, and share.
Content created and supplied by: Ojomo_Dami (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More