Are you looking for a method to manoveur round the strenuous process of pounding yam? Worry no more, how an easier way to make pounded yam without any form of pounding.
Unlike other local methods, this method involves using a blender, and raw yams.
Cooking time: Thirty minutes
Recipe category: Main meal
Recipe cuisine: Nigerian
Cooking process: Boiling
Recipe Turnover: 3-4 wraps
Nutritional value: High content of carbohydrates and calories.
Half tuber of white yam
1. Peel and cut yams into smaller cubes. Wash the yam pieces with proper care.
2. Place the pieces of yam into a blender with some water, and blend till you get a smooth puree.
3. Then, pour the smooth puree into a clean pot and place on low heat. Continue to stir the mixture with the aid of a wooden spatula till it get thick, within 5 minutes or so. This is to avoid the mixture from burning, and sticking to the pot.
4. When the mixture thickens, scrape the yam puree from the sides of the pot, leaving more of it in the middle. Add a small cup of water to the mixture, and leave it to steam and cook for about 10-15 minutes, as you would do when making semo. Check the mixture from time to time.
5. When the water content get dry, turn the mixture well with the spatula. Then, turn off the heat.
At last! Your pounded yam is ready! You can serve with Egusi soup or any other soup you desire.
That's a simple way to make pounded yam without the pounding stress. I hope you got value from this article? If so, share to your friends and family.
Oduse David is a Digital Journalist that writes content based on national and social issues.
Content created and supplied by: OduseDavid (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More