Kunu Aya also called Tiger Milk is a popular Nigeria household drink; to some it is known as Shakes. The steps involved in producing homemade Tigernut milk are stress-free and straightforward, believe me, the result is worth it.
Tigernut milk is best enjoyed when served chilled; it is nutritional and suitable for everyone; here are the steps in producing Tigernut milk from your kitchen's comfort.
First, you will need the following recipe to make creamy Tigernut milk.
· Freshly soaked Tigernuts
· Clean filtered water
· ¼ Sea salt
· Natural sweetener- preferably Dates
· Fresh coconut – optional to increase creaminess
THE PRODUCTION PROCESS
1. Soak the Tigernuts in salted water for 20-24hrs, the longer the soak, the softer they nuts will be and the easier they will be to blend
2. If properly soaked to your preference, pour the Tigernuts through a sieve, and rinse thoroughly.
3. Put the soaked Tigernuts in a blender and add a cup of clean filtered water. If you feel the water is too small, add another cup of water, but be careful not to add too much water before blending, as too much water can dilute the Tigernuts natural juice.
4. Add any additional natural sweetener ( Dates, banana, chopped fresh coconut ) –which is optional
5. Blend on high until it is creamy and smooth; this usually takes around 3-5minutes
6. Pour through the sieve to filter the milk from the Tigernut pulp.
7. Put the Tigernut pulp in the blender and add a little water; this process can be repeated twice to extract all the juice from the Tigernut pulp
8. Once this is done, pour the milk into a jar or cup and store in the fridge.
9. You can put the leftover Tigernut pulp into your milk for a sweet and nutty taste.
I hope you find this article helpful. Don't forget to like, share, follow, and comment for more cooler content. Thank you
Content created and supplied by: Enki (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More