When talking about the healthiest rice, I am not meaning the type of rice like long grain or basmati rice. I am referring to the method by which rice is cooked, what ingredients you are to use and the quantity of safe to consume without associating unwanted calories in the body.
Although, Jollof Rice is mostly prepared in West Africa especially here in my country , Jollof Rice is the healthiest type of cooked rice when cooked in an extremely healthy sauce and has the lowest calorie count of all rice meals.
Did you also know that 300g of rice is equivalent to 296 calories. Today I will show you how to cook your Jollof Rice in an healthiest way and some nutrients that should be added in your Jollof rice.
Let me first start with nutrients in Jollof rice:
2. Fresh tomato: Fresh tomato contain Vitamin C, A, K and Vitamin D.
3. Red Bell Pepper
4. Scotch bonnet pepper.
6. Chicken or Beef
7. Oil which contain both fat and Vitamin E, K.
How can you prepare Jollof Rice?
1. Used the amount of cup of rice that will satisfy you. For instance, let me use 2 cups of rice as an example.
2. Use about 70g of tomato paste.
3. Use one Bell pepper
4. Add one scotch pepper with one onion.
5. Add 2 cups of stock.
1. Wash rice in boiled water to get rid of starch and pour it in a sieve to drain.
2. Fry onion in one table spoon of oil till tender.
3. Grate or Chop one forth of the onion.
4. After you do all these, Add blended sauce ( scotch bonnet, Bell pepper and others sauces), then cook till it form a thick paste.
5. Pour about 1½ litre of water into mix and boil it.
6. Add the drained rice and cook till soft enough.
7. Stir it till evenly coloured ( Rich Orange Color).
Note that: cooks your Jollof rice with reduced oil and only fresh tomato can also be used without adding tomato paste and ensure that your stock is defatted.
Pasta is a food made from a mixture of flour, water and sometimes eggs that formed into different shapes.
NEGATIVE EFFECTS OF PASTA:
Pasta rich in high carb and High-Carb diet can raised blood sugar levels and may be associated with increased in diabetes, Obesity and Cancer.
How can You Cook Your Pasta:
1. Check The Expiry Date Of The Pasta:
Whenever you want to buy pasta or other things from supermarket, always check their expiry date for you own care.
2. Parboil the pasta or noodles first before main cooking:
Parboiling make it easier to remove the husk of the rice and pasta before eating. This process can also improve the texture of the meal.
3. Try as much as possible to add the Vegetables to the pasta which will make it rich in high vitamin needed by the body.
Conclusion: These are something you should do when you want to prepare your Jollof rice or pasta.
Please share it to the others so that they can also achieve from this content.
Content created and supplied by: Mubrogenius (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More