Akamu, pap or Akamu as it is popularly referred to by most Nigerians is fast food that takes less than ten minutes to prepare.
Must of us don't know that the pap we consume every now and then has very good nutrition in it that enriches our health.
Although I knew that pap for sure is a nutritional food but my curiosity leads me to make further research on its nutritional contents and viola, I found out that it is more nutritional than most of those foods that take hours to prepare.
So below are the health benefits of taking pap but before that, I'd like to tell you that pap is a 100% natural food that contains no additives in it.
Health benefits of pap:
1) It regulates blood pressure. This makes It a great meal for people with high blood pressure. This is because of its high potassium and zero sodium content present in it.
2) Pap is a good source of carbohydrates. This is why it is highly recommended for athletes
3) It is a meal that replaces the fluid lost in the body as a result of sweating, therefore it's safe to say it is a natural means of rehydration.
4) It helps to remove unwanted material in the body through urine. If you notice, you tend to urinate more when you drink Pap.
5) Pap is high in Vitamin A, B even B1, B5, B3, riboflavin, pantothenic acid, and thiamine.
6) It is a meal that retains many of its nutrients after processing. This is because it doesn't have to undergo long manufacturing processes.
That's it, now you can drink your pap knowing that it is very beneficial to your health.
Tells us how you like drinking your Pap.
Is it with beans, Akara, or bread?
For me, I am a big fan of Akamu and Akara 😁
Let us know in the comment box.
Please share this post and follow the author for more updates like this 🙏
Content created and supplied by: CollinsPress (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More