Only a few simple ingredients used in these gluten free Sweet Potato Balls deep fried to golden perfection. They make a tasty tea time or snack time tea.
The fried sweet potato ball is a traditional Taiwanese snack. Many tourists who come to Taiwan night market will eat this popular bite-sized snack. It’s crispy on the outside, chewy on the inside, and delicious. Let’s do it!
1. 2 lb of Sweet Potatoes
2. Glutinous Rice Flour
3. 1 cup of White Rice Flour
4. 1/2 cup of Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
5. 2 tsp of Baking Powder
1. Peel and cut the sweet potatoes into 1 inch cubes. Steam cook it for 10 min until they are soft.
2. Transfer the cooked sweet potatoes into a bowl and mash them.
3. Add glutinous rice flour, sugar and baking powder to the sweet potatoes and mix well until a soft dough is formed.
4. If the dough is wet, add more rice flour to achieve the right consistency. The dough should be soft and you should be able to handle it without having it stick to your hands.
5. Roll portions of dough into 1 inch diameter balls.
6. Deep fry over medium low heat, monitoring closely as they burn easily, for about 3 to 4 min or until golden brown.
7. Drain excess oil from the sweet potato balls in a metal strainer or using paper towels.
8. Best if served immediately while it is warm. It may be refrigerated and re-heated in a toaster oven at 375 degrees for 10 min.
Content created and supplied by: Chino01 (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More