Food helps us grow, but not all foodie combinations make us grow well and stay healthy. that is why, we have to be know the nutritional value of foods we eat. today in Vicky's kitchen, i will be teaching you on how to make a delicious meal using beans and corn.
I am sure that alot of people are not aware of this delicacy, and for those who have been preparing it, this is another way to prepare it. i am sure you will be glad you came across this recipe.
To prepare this recipe, the major ingredients needed are beans and corn. compared to rice, beans is really affordable and fortunately, we are in corn season. so, you will be an to get plenty of corns for preparing this food at affordable prices.
Beans has alot of nutritious advantages, so as corn. beans is a proteinous food and when eaten with other foods gives it an extra advantage.
You will be able to purchase all the ingredients for this recipe with as low as 500 naira. so there is know cause for alarm.
1. 2cups of Beans
2. 2 cups of corn
3. Onions (2 medium bulbs)
4. 2 teaspoon of grinded Pepper and some fresh pepper
5. 3/4 cup of palm oil
6. ½ teaspoon of salt
7. 3 cubes of seasoning cubes (Any seasoning cube of your choice)
8. Crayfish (½ cup)
9. Vegetable leaf (preferably pumpkin)
These are few things you should do before making this recipe, to save time and make the cooking enjoyable.
1. Boil the corn with 1 litre of water till it becomes very soft. this is because, if you cook the beans and corn together, the beans will get ready before the corn and will become too soft, while the corn would be too strong. this will affect the taste of your meal.
2. Slice the Vegetable leaf and onions in different plates.
3. Ones the corn is ready, use a knive and scrape them out.
4. Rinse the crayfish.
1. Set a cooking pot on the fire and add a little water. wash the beans and cooked corn and pour them into the pot.
2. Slice the onions into the pot and cover, cook for 10 minutes.
3. Add the pepper, seasoning cubes, crayfish then cover the pot. Cook for extra 7 minutes.
4. Add the salt and and vegetables into it and stir very well, taste the food to check if the ingredients are okay. then cook for extra 2 minutes, your delicious meal is ready.
Serve with chilled water. it can be eaten at any time of the day. do not forget to share this post to your loved ones.
Please do not forget to like and follow Vickygblog for more.
Content created and supplied by: VickyGblog (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More