Ofe akwu is one of the igbo people of eastern Nigeria's most popular soups, known as Banga soup or stew, very rich soup made with palm nuts extract/juice it is mostly served with rice, let's get started.
1. Wash and cook the palmnut till it is soft
2. Cook the meat with crayfish, pepper, Maggi, salt then get a mortal and pestle and pound the nuts to bring out the oil
3. Add water to remove the oil extact, get a seive and drain the oil
4. Now put the oil on fire and cook till you see the oil at the top
5. Wash the dried fish with salt and hot water then rinse with warm water and set aside
6. Add the meat and water if the oil is too thick
7. Add crayfish, pepper and okpei then cook for 15 minutes then add the sliced scent leaves or ugwu and cook for 20secs.
Content created and supplied by: Diamondfaithnwodo (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More