You Can Also Prepare Your Egusi Soup Through These Processes
Egusi soup or melon soup is one of the easily prepared dish in Nigeria. One thing about egusi soup is that no matter the process you use to prepare it, you will definitely arrive at your destination.
However, cooking most times is all about experiment. Adding this and that to arrive at what you want. Some cook egusi soup by frying and others by pouring the ground egusi into the boiling ingredients and stir.
However, this method and its processes would give you an interesting taste. At the end, you would be glad you cook it.
1. Egusi (two cups)
2. Smoked fish
6. Assorted fish
8. Ground pepper
9. Palm oil ( a milk sized cup)
1. Boil the meat, stock fish, smoked fish, etc with sliced onions, maggi and salt. Boil till everything softens.
2. Make sure there is a little water. Add the palm oil and stir very well. Allow it to boil for 5 minutes.
3. Add the ground egusi and stir everything together to a paste.
4. Add little water depending on how you want it to be - thick or watery.
5. Add maggi (as you wish) and pepper and stir properly.
6. After 10 minutes, add your sliced uziza and uha leaves.
7. After 2 minutes bring the delicious pot of soup down.
Content created and supplied by: TheChefKing (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More