Efor Riro is an African Vegetable soup and a traditional delicacy of the Yoruba tribe of Western Nigeria, popularly paired with Amala fufu.
Here is my recipe of Efor Riro Soup
- 4 Red bell peppers
- 1 medium onion bulb
- 3 Scotch Bonnet
- 1 cup of palm oil
- 1 medium onion bulb (thinly sliced)
- 2 Tablespoon blended crayfish
- ½ cup red prawns (head removed)
- 2 cups shredded fish (smoked Catfish preferably and properly washed and de-boned)
- 1/2kg meat (Goat meat or beef and Pomo)
- 2 tbs whole locust beans (Iru woro)
- Salt to taste
- seasoning to taste
- 15 Cups chopped fresh spinach
Process And Preparations
1. Chop all ingredients.
2. Combine in a blender and pulse to a rough coarse consistency.
3. Pour mixture into a strainer to remove excess fluid or cook to remove water if any.
4. If you are using fresh spinach, place the spinach in a bowl, add ½ teaspoon of salt, cover with boiling water and place a lid over the bowl. Allow to rest for 15 minutes. Rinse out the spinach and squeeze out all excess water.
5. Place a large pot on medium heat.
6. Add in the palm oil and heat.
7. Add the sliced onions and fry until lightly browned
8. Add the coarse blended pepper puree and the ingredients such as seasoning, stock fish and meat.
9. Cover and leave to simmer for about 10-15 minutes.
10. The palm oil will float to the top when it's well cooked.
11. Add in the spinach.
12. Add seasoning to taste.
13. Then leave to simmer for about 3 or more minutes.
Turn off the heat. Your Efor Riro is ready. Serve hot with Amala fufu or pounded yam.
Content created and supplied by: Priscana (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More