Margi special is a Nigerian delicacy indigenous to the margi people of Adamawa state and other parts of the Northeastern region of Nigeria.
It is mainly made with fresh fish, spinach, tomatoes and pepper. Sometimes it gets garnished with scented garlic as well as other nutritious seasoning items, according to the specific variety of the Margi special recipe. It can be served alone or with pounded yam, tuwon shinkafa ,Semo or Eba, depending on a person’s choice.
Aside being a delicious and tasty meal, the importance of eating Margi special cannot be underemphasized, as it benefits the body a lot . It is a very nutritious meal since it is made typically of fish , as fish plays an important role in fighting malnutrition, and boosting the immune system, most importantly aside from being a source of protein and healthy fats, fish has a unique source of essential nutrients which varies from chains of omega-3 fatty acids, iodine, vitamin D and Calcium.
Also, the vegetable content of Margi special can lower blood pressure, reduce the risk of heart diseases ,stroke and prevent some type of cancer in the human body. Vegetable can also lower the risk of eye and digestive problems.
· Vegetables (spinach,yakuwa)
· 2 medium fresh fish
· Tattase(fresh pepper)
· 2 spiral onions
· 1 pinch Toka (potash)
· Seasoning cubes
· Salt to taste
· 2 tablespoon crayfish
· 200ml palm oil or groundnut oil
· Garlic (optional)
It is advisable to have all the cooking ingredients readily available,well washed, grinded and chopped before you begin cooking.
1. Wash your fish very well using Toka (potash) and lime warm water, cut it in big size pieces rinse well wit cold water and drain out all the water by putting it in a colander.
2. Wash and grind tattase/pepper, wash and chop your tomatoes, slice your onions and spiral onions. Then set them aside separately
3. If using yakuwa, soak in hot water, inorder to get rid of the leafs sourness
4. It is advisable not to turn the soup while cooking, so as to avoid breaking the fish into pieces.
5. Get a spacious clean pot , turn your fish inside, add pepper, tomatoes paste, onions,cray fish, chopped yakuwa/spinach, Maggi, oil and salt . Spread everything in layers evenly.
6. Add moderate water enough to cook the fish , don’tadd too much water because water is not in the soup after it’s done. Close and allow it to cook on low heat till the water thickened or dry up.
7. Serve hot with any swallow of your choice.
Content created and supplied by: ZAMANI (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More