Okro bitterleaf soup is another interesting way of cooking okro soup. I have realized in the past months of sharing recipes on this site that Nigerians just love their swallow. No wonder that as soon we step out of Nigeria we immediately start to fish out restaurants where our foods are served.
But trying a variety of foods also means that you ensure a variety of nutrient benefit. I just love to try dishes from every part of the world. This is part of my way of experiencing the world around me.
Okro as we know contains high fibre which is good for the digestive system and when you pair Okro with bitter leaf , the result is “chop and lick plate”. I actually went all the way with this soup….Stockfish I mean real Cod, Cow leg, dry Shrimps, ‘beta’smoked fish from Calabar…. Is your mouth watering already:) the bitter leaf just bring every thing together .
You know that feeling of satisfaction after having a satisfying meal… Picking teeth , feet raised on a stool , watching TV. That was the way the meal ended for me.
This meal is not fork and knife matter its about washing hand and digging in.
I have wetted your appetite enough. Now head into the kitchen for your Okro and Bitter leaf soup with whole Wheat meal. Enjoy!
Recipes for Okro Bitterleaf
2 1/2 cups chopped Okro
1/2 cup washed Bitter leaf
8 pieces Beef
2 pieces Stock fish
4 pieces cow leg
Handful smoked Fish
Cameroon or Yellow pepper to taste( fresh or dry)
2 cooking spoons Palm oil
Seasoning cubes to taste
Salt to taste
1. Season and steam meats till cooked
2. Add 2 cups of water to meat pot crayfish, and correct seasoning and cook for about 8 minutes.
3. Add the palm oil and cook for about 3 minutes.
4. Add the Okro and bitter leaf and cook for about 3 minutes so the Okro is still crunchy and the nutrients are retained. The Okro for this soup is not chopped finely . If soup is too thick you may add a little water to lighten it up.
5. Serve soup warm with your hot wheat meal.
Content created and supplied by: SamMayor (via Opera News )