350g fresh or dried egg noodles
1½ tbsp sesame oil
1½ tbsp groundnut oil
1½ tbsp finely chopped garlic
1 tbsp finely chopped fresh root ginger
3 tbsp finely chopped spring onions
450g minced pork
3 tbsp yellow bean sauce
1 tbsp chilli bean sauce
1½ tbsp Shaoxing rice wine or dry sherry
2 tbsp dark soy sauce
2 tsp salt
½ tsp freshy ground black pepper
2 tsp chilli
2 tsp caster sugar
300ml chicken stock preferably homemade
3 tbsp coarsely chopped spring onions, to serve
1. If you are using fresh noodles, blanch them first for 3-5 minutes in boiling water. If you are using dried noodles, cook them in boiling water according to packet instructions.
2. Plunge them in cold water, drain thoroughly, toss them in the sesame oil and set aside until you are ready to use them.
3. Covered with cling film, they can be kept for up to 2 hours in the refrigerator.
4. Heat a wok or large frying pan until hot. Add the groundnut oil and, when it is very hot, add the garlic, ginger and spring onions. Stir fry for 15 seconds, then add the pork. Stir well to break up and stir fry for 2 minutes or more until the pork loses its pink colour.
5. Add the rest of the ingredients except the spring onion garnish, stirring all the time. Bring to the boil, turn the heat down low and simmer for 5 minutes.
6. Plunge the noodles into boiling water for 30 seconds or until they are just heated through, then drain well in a colander or sieve. Quickly tip the noodles into a large bowl and pour the hot sauce over the top. Mix everything together loosely then sprinkle on the spring onions and serve.
Content created and supplied by: Decency2 (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More