Couscous is one of the easiest meals to prepare. You aren’t cooking anything. You are basically making a Jollof cereal.
I recommend this for people who do not have time to watch over the food that they are cooking.
This is simply cornflakes on steroids.
2 Tablespoon of Cooking Oil
1½ Cup of Meat Broth
1 medium-sized Onion
Ground Black Pepper
Salt To Taste
1 cup of Chopped vegetable mix (diced carrots, green beans and peas)
- Heat your vegetable oil in a pan, preferably non-stick.
- Chop your onions and stir them around for a minute inside the oil.
- Add in your chopped vegetables.
- Season with black pepper, curry and stir for half a minute.
- Add in the broth and cook for 2 minutes. Salt to taste.
- Add in your couscous and turn off immediately. Leave for 5 minutes. The couscous will absorb the sauce, engorge and cook itself.
- Garnish with red pepper flakes and serve with meats.
I used to treat this as Jollof rice and ended up with Jollof swallow instead.
Never boil the couscous.
Content created and supplied by: Shammahgodoz (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More