Coconut beans is a healthy meatless meal most popular among Kenyans in the coastal parts of Kenya. This is because coconuts are most common in those areas. But then with access of coconut, one can prepare this meal in their homes with much ease.
I love coconut in almost everything like when cooked with rice, used to sip garri and most especially when cooked with beans.
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 bunch cilantro
A bowl of cooked beans.
2 cups of coconut milk (from grated coconut)
3 ripe tomatoes grated
1 large onion chopped
A bunch of coriander leaves
3 gloves of garlic grated
2 Royco cubes or any seasoning cube of your choice
Salt to taste
1/2 teaspoonful of cardamom powder
1. Place a saucepan with onions and cooking oil on medium heat and fry until browned. Let the onions turn brown, add garlic and stir for two minutes.
3. Add chopped tomatoes and continue stirring for another two minutes and cook until paste like. Add in drained beans and fry several minutes, stir carefully before sprinkling salt, Royco cubes and cardamon powder.
4. Pour in the coconut milk slowly while stirring. The milk should slightly cover the beans. Cover and let it simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from heat. Add black pepper.
5. Cook 8-10 minutes until gravy has thickened.
6. Garnish with cilantro or coriander, stir and cover for 3 minutes. Serve while hot!
We would love to hear from you so send in your feedbacks via the comment section.
Thanks for reading.
Content created and supplied by: Linaerick (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More