So to make the party like yam porridge you will need the following.
Red bonnet pepper
Fish (boiled or roasted)
Seasonings ( salt, curry, thyme)
Vegetable (ugu/scent leave/moringa)
1. Peel the yam.
2. Cut the yam into small square shape and wash
3. Put the yam inside a Pot and pour in water to the level of the yam. Let it cook for 15 to 20 minutes depending on the quantity.
4. While waiting for this to cook cut and wash your vegetable, slice the onions, blend the pepper and tomatoes others wash and clean your fish if using and boil with seasoning, then set aside.
Heat a pan with palm oil and fry the onions till translucent. Pour the blended pepper and tomatoes and fry add the seasonings,thyme, curry, sheered fish, crayfish and let it cook
5. When yam is a soft pour it into the fried sauce and add a little water to reduce thickness.
6. Mash the yam with a spoon or spatula.
Depending on how you like it you can add water if it is too thick or otherwise
Let this cook for 6 minutes on low heat.
Add the vegetables and let it cook for 2 to 4 minutes. Enjoy!!!
Don't forget to follow Bisbetty for notifications of new recipes and articles so you don't miss out on them. Do share the recipe with friends using the share button below
It is easy to make right? if you love yam, it is a must-try recipe!
Content created and supplied by: Bisbetty (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More