After eating cocoyam soup for the very first time in my aunt's house, I developed likeness for it. I wanted to eat it again anytime I wanted but the problem was that I couldn't cook it. However, I decided to consult my aunt to know how it's being cooked. After the consultations, I decided to test myself.
The plate of cocoyam soup above is the result of my practical, after consulting my aunt as I stated earlier. Don't be surprised because men can also cook.
It took me much time and several attempts before I could cook this delicious plate of cocoyam soup above.
Here are the steps I followed to cook it:
1. I washed the cocoyam and allowed it to boil for about thirty minutes (30 mins)
2. The next thing I did was to boil the red meat and the pieces of stock fish. I added onion, salt and maggi to the meat and stock fish. I allowed it to be tender.
3. I peeled the already cooked cocoyam and pound it in a motar until it was soft. I also blended the Achi and pound it with the cocoyam for about 10 minutes. I finally added red oil and pound it again.
4. Like my aunt instructed me, I moulded the cocoyam into small balls and put it in the pot. I allowed it to boil very well until the soup thickened as I desired it.
5. Finally, I added crayfish, pepper, salt and vegetable leaf. I let it boil for 4 minutes. I put the soup down and served
Content created and supplied by: NwannekaEsi (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More