Pancake is a simple recipe to try. It is made of those ingredients that we already have in our kitchens at home. Hence, you have no reason or excuse for not trying this recipe at home especially on weekends.
Pancakes taste well when eaten with a chilled drink. You might have thought of another way to enjoy your pancake. For your information, pancake is among the snacks that contains the most complete balanced diet ( contains:- proteins which you can get from the EGGS, carbohydrates which you can get from the FLOUR, fats and oils which you get from the butter and vegetable oil). Apart from all these there are also micro nutrients to enjoy from it. No wonder, Nigerians commonly refers to pancake as a DIET. You can eat your pancake with oat meal, akamu (ogi), Custard, chilled milk drink etc..
So you can now put more effort in trying this recipe at home for you any your family.
Let's get straight to the point, Firstly The ingredients you will need in preparing your pancake are:
Note: the ingredients used here is specifically to serve 4 people.
- 150g of flour
- 125ml of evaporated milk
- 2 eggs
- 250ml of water
- 2 tablespoons of margarine
- half teaspoon of salt
- vegetable oil
- ground pepper to taste
- 6 teaspoon of sugar to taste
Directions for the preparation of pancake
1. Melt the margarine.
2. Break the eggs into the melted margarine and beat till it becomes smooth. Then, add half of the 250ml water.
3. Add the flour and mix well till there are minimal lumps.
4. Add all the remaining ingredients and the remaining water and stir well.
5. You can blend the mix if you have a liquid blender, and if you don't have any then, mix the ingredients very well so that the lumps are minimal.
Added tips: You can also slice onions to your mix to give the pancake a good taste.
Now, we are going to the Directions for cooking pancake.
1. Place a frying pan over medium heat, preferably stove to minimize burning of the pancake. Add a few drops of vegetable oil that will lubricate the frying pan.
2. When hot, pour some pancake batter into the frying pan. Shake the pan so that the batter covers the surface of the pan. It should be very thin.
3. Fry the underside of the pancake for about a minute shaking from time to time till the pancake becomes loose. You can also loose it with the spatula. Check the underside to be sure it has become brown.
4. Flip the pancake to fry the other side as well following the same step as used in number 3.
5. The pancake is done when both sides have become light brown. And it is ready for serving...
You can enjoy your pancake as a snack or as breakfast.
Try this recipe to spice things up for you and your family..
Follow me up for more interesting posts.....
Content created and supplied by: JosephAdebayo_07 (via Opera News )