What Is the Baking Soda Pregnancy Test?
A baking soda pregnancy test is a simple homemade pregnancy test with baking soda that can be done anytime during the pregnancy. The idea behind the test is to check for pregnancy at home using kitchen staple. The expecting mother needs to add a few drops of her morning urine to a spoonful of baking soda and check the acidity of the urine. If she is pregnant, she will notice some fizz. This is because baking soda or sodium bicarbonate reacts with most acids.
How to Perform This Test
This test is a very simple procedure that you can do at your home without any sophisticated equipment.
What You Need
To carry out the baking soda home pregnancy test, you will need the following.
1. A tablespoon of baking soda.
2. Some urine collected early in the morning/ the first urine of the day.
3. A sterilised container to collect the urine.
4. Another sterilised container to hold the baking soda.
5. A pair of plastic or surgical gloves.
6. Baking soda
1. Wash your hands thoroughly and dry them. Then wear gloves.
2. Collect some urine in a container. Be sure not to contaminate the sample.
3. Take some baking soda in another container and pour a few millilitres of urine onto it.
4. It is preferred that you perform this test using your first urine of the day as the urine may get diluted through the day as you drink water. This can alter or skew the results of the test. Although the quantity of the baking soda or urine required to perform the test isn’t specified, it is recommended that you use equal parts of both the items.
How to Interpret the Test Results
The results can be interpreted as soon as you mix a few drops of your urine into the baking soda. You will get a fizzy reaction immediately if you are pregnant. If not, the test indicates that you haven’t conceived yet.
Health is wealth
SHARE this to family and friends
QUESTIONS are welcomed and will be rightly answered, use the COMMENT box Below
Make sure you FOLLOW this page for more health Tips.
Content created and supplied by: TLucky (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More