7 Steps on how to make banana bread without being a chef
Banana bread is also known as banana cake. It is a type of bread that is made from a mashed ripe banana. It is very easy to make and so many households like it. Most times to comes out moist, soft, or goofy.
Preparing banana bread is of great economic benefit as the ingredients used are overripe banana, not rotten ones. It helps to prevent the chucking out of those overripe bananas. Banana bread is super tasty.
The recipe I am going to be showing is basically what you will need to make the banana bread but you can spruce it up if you wish too. Ingredients that you can use in sprucing are chopped walnuts, sultanas and chocolate chips if you like. Though I like mine to be simple.
Ingredients- 255g plain flour, 120g brown sugar, 115 butter, 2 eggs, 450g overripe bananas, 1 teaspoon baking soda, ½ teaspoon vanilla extract, a pinch of salt.
How to prepare
1. Preheat your oven to 180 Celsius
2. Mash the bananas in a bowl, do not over mash, make sure you still have little churns of bananas in the mixture.
3. The banana in my bowl is actually over mashed because I wear overripe. Aim for a semi mashed
4. In a mixing bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, and salt.
5. Cream the butter, vanilla extract, and sugar.
6. Stir the eggs into the sugar and butter mixture then combine with the mashed bananas.
7. Pour the banana mixture into the flour and combine, do not over mix.
8. Grease your pan
9. Pour the mixture into the loaf pan and place it into the preheated oven. Place it on the middle shelf.
10. Bake for 50 minutes or 60 minutes until the middle is fully cooked.
Side note: when you deep your knife into the center of the bread you will still end up with a bit of moisture. Do not fret as the banana will be a little moist after normal baking.
Wait for it to cool for a bit, overturn then enjoy.
If you like this article don't forget to follow to get more of this.
Photo credit: sisi jemimah
Content created and supplied by: Abimich (via Opera News )