7 Steps on how to make banana bread without being a chef
Banana bread is also known as banana cake. It is a type of bread that is made from a mashed ripe banana. It is very easy to make and so many households like it. Most times to comes out moist, soft, or goofy.
Preparing banana bread is of great economic benefit as the ingredients used are overripe banana, not rotten ones. It helps to prevent the chucking out of those overripe bananas. Banana bread is super tasty.
The recipe I am going to be showing is basically what you will need to make the banana bread but you can spruce it up if you wish too. Ingredients that you can use in sprucing are chopped walnuts, sultanas and chocolate chips if you like. Though I like mine to be simple.
Ingredients- 255g plain flour, 120g brown sugar, 115 butter, 2 eggs, 450g overripe bananas, 1 teaspoon baking soda, ½ teaspoon vanilla extract, a pinch of salt.
How to prepare
1. Preheat your oven to 180 Celsius
2. Mash the bananas in a bowl, do not over mash, make sure you still have little churns of bananas in the mixture.
3. The banana in my bowl is actually over mashed because I wear overripe. Aim for a semi mashed
4. In a mixing bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, and salt.
5. Cream the butter, vanilla extract, and sugar.
6. Stir the eggs into the sugar and butter mixture then combine with the mashed bananas.
7. Pour the banana mixture into the flour and combine, do not over mix.
8. Grease your pan
9. Pour the mixture into the loaf pan and place it into the preheated oven. Place it on the middle shelf.
10. Bake for 50 minutes or 60 minutes until the middle is fully cooked.
Side note: when you deep your knife into the center of the bread you will still end up with a bit of moisture. Do not fret as the banana will be a little moist after normal baking.
Wait for it to cool for a bit, overturn then enjoy.
If you like this article don't forget to follow to get more of this.
Photo credit: sisi jemimah
Content created and supplied by: Abimich (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More