Hey guys, so today I'll be writing on something out of the country(Nigeria), but still African.
I tried the Ghana method of cooking Jollof rice and it came out cool, that is why I decided to share this recipe with you guys. Read on and enjoy
Habenero Pepper(ata rodo)
Red bell pepper (tatashe)
Cayene pepper (shombo)
Any meat of choice, I used chicken
Ground Nut Oil
Garlic and ginger
Salt and seasoning to taste
Note: The key thing in Ghana jollof rice is the pepper. They like it hot and spicy, that is what makes it stand out.
First You Prepare your Ingredients
1. Blend all your peppers together with little tomatoes, and a can of tin tomatoes and set aside( the blend should be smooth and red)
2. Cut two onions bulbs and blend, with little ground nut oil. Then set aside
3. Blend your garlic and ginger and set aside
4. Season your chicken to taste and boil
5. Fry your boiled chicken and set aside
6. Wash and perboil your rice
7. Dice your onions
8. Wash your oregano and shred
Cooking Your Ghana Jollof Rice
Finally, we get to the main business of the day.
1. Place a pot on the fire and allow to dry
2. Add your ground nut oil and leave to bleach
3. Add your blend of onions and fry till the color changes
4. Add your blend of pepper and tomatoes, and allow to fry( do not fry dry)
5. Season to taste and add your garlic and little oregano. Keep frying
6. Add your perboiled rice and stir. Ensure you mix all evenly
7. Add little chicken stock or water to cook your rice, throw in your diced onions and your remaining oregano, cover with a foil and simmer/oven bake
Voila! Your Ghana jollof rice is ready. Serve with your fried chicken and enjoy.
Hope you try out this cooking method and see if you will love Ghana's method of cooking jollof rice.
Thanks for reading. Do well to like, share and comment or ask questions if any and watch out because I'll be writing more Ghaniain delicacies soon.
Photo Credit: Google
Content created and supplied by: NrsGlory (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More