We have so many snacks here in Nigeria. They include meat pie, buns, puff puff, egg roll, scotch egg, chin chin and so on. You may be wondering why I put egg roll and scotch egg. Do you know they are two different things? Well, that's story for another day. Today, I want to focus on buns and puff puff. A lot of Nigerians are known to be confused about puff puff and buns. Well, not to a puff puff lover like me. This is what this article is about. I want to help you to be able to differentiate between the two so that you don't mix them up.
The first picture is puff puff and the second is buns.
Some people love puff puff so much while others prefer the harder version which is buns. I go out most times and see something that is in the middle of buns and puff puff but because I know them too well, I don't get confused. You may be in a situation where you want to buy buns from a hawker but end up buying puff puff. I want to clear that by letting you know the differences.
I will go straight to the point. Here are the ten (10) differences:
Puff puff has a rubbery exterior. It is neither crunchy nor hard. It is just soft and rubbery. Unlike buns that has a crunchy exterior.
Puff puff is very light and also airy. Buns on the other hand is full inside.
Puff puff is very light while buns is heavy. This is why the same size of puff puff and buns will never be the same weight.
4. If you feel the exterior of puff puff, you will find out that it is oily. Buns on the other hand is dry.
5. You can either refer to it as puff puff or oily bun.
6. While making puff puff, yeast is use as the raising agent while baking powder is used for buns.
7. If you go for any event here in Nigeria and small chops is served, be sure that you will find puff puff. However, buns is not served as small chops.
8. Pepper is sometimes added to puff puff but it is never added to buns.
9. Puff puff takes a longer time to prepare. Buns doesn't take a lot of time. This is because in the case of puff puff, you need to leave the batter for an hour or more to let the yeast work on it.
10. For buns, milk is added while it is not added to puff puff batter.
I hope you've learnt a great deal.
If you're still confused, you can ask questions in the comments section.
Don't forget to follow for more articles like this.
Happy New Week!
Content created and supplied by: SpecialcontentWriter (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More