A lot of people are used to eating food in combinations. Combining cheese with meat, fruits in salads, milk with fruit, the list is endless. But, are you aware of modern hygienists, physiologists, and Ayurveda slams? These food combinations are harmful and dangerous to the health. These food combinations often make one feel bloated, heavy and lethargic.
They hinders digestive processes, leading to stomach ache, nausea, fatique and difficulty to eliminate waste.
Here are some deadly food combinations you should not try when planning your meals.
1. Carbs and Animal Proteins: When you eat a carbohydrate with protein (such as meat with potatoes or bread) they counteract- protein putrefies and carbohydrate ferments. This leads to gas, bloating and flatulence. Those who have eaten this combination for years may have developed immunity, but it is better to eat complementary combinations like beans and rice which is a good combination.
2. Two High Proteins: Surf and turf, bacon and eggs- these are all popular combinations containing two high protein sources. This taxes the digestive system and takes a long time to digest. To avoid this, eat your meals in courses- keeping light proteins first and meat later and never wait more than 10 minutes between each course.
3. Fruit with meal: Who doesn’t love some peppy mango salsa with fish or strawberries in their salads. But this is a bad combination as fruit- which otherwise passes quickly through the digestive system, is detained in the system and the sugar in it starts to ferment.
4. Banana and milk: There are very few people on earth who don’t like banana milkshake. But this also makes for a dangerous food combination, as it sits heavy in your stomach. Try to avoid this combination; if you cannot resist a milkshake, add a pinch of nutmeg or cinnamon to stimulate your digestive system.
5. Beans with cheese: This is a very common combination in Mexican cuisine. Cheese, beans, hot sauce and guacamole- this is a surefire recipe of bloating, gas and other digestion related problems. However, unlike the common notion, beans by themselves do not give you gas. So try to separate the cheese from beans if you have a weak digestive system.
Content created and supplied by: heisdemo1 (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More