Want an amazing cake with no eggs, butter or sugar? try this:
- All-purpose flour– You can use any all-purpose flour, i personally recommend dangote flour.
- Sugar– White sugar or a mix of white sugar/brown sugar is best. They both give sweetness to the cake and thats what we need.
- Baking soda– Unlike baking powder, baking soda gives the vanilla cake some ‘lift’, but also leavens the cake.
- Salt–salt brings out the sweetness, and ofcouse the taste which salt is known for, it is a necessity for any cake, muffin or brownie!
- White vinegar (or apple cider vinegar, or lemon juice)– This is what replaces the eggs, and also gives the cake stability (you don’t want the cake sinking!). I prefer white vinegar, but lemon juice also works just as well
- Canola oil (or oil of choice)!– Any standard oil is fine for this recipe. I used canola oil, but tasteless vegtable oil is also recommended especially since it is an essential oil found in our homes.
- Vanilla extract- Is a musy for any baked good, but especially for this vanilla cake!
- Water– To mix all the ingredients together
Start by pre-heating the oven to 180C/350F and preparing a square baking pan by covering in parchment paper, or coat the entire pan with oil or butter so as to let the cake be easily removed after it has been baked.
Then, in a large mixing bowl, add your dry ingredients and mix well. Form 3 wells (depressions) in the dry mixture, and add the vinegar in the first one, the vanilla extract in the second one, and the oil in the third one. Basically add all you ingredients in a mixing bowl add the vinegar or lemon juice, and then the vanilla extract and finally the oil. You’ll then slowly pour the water over the top. Using a whisk or wooden spoon, mix the ingredients until is fluffy ans smooth
Transfer the vanilla cake batter into the lined baking pan and bake for 25-30 minutes, or use a toothpick, fork, spoon, or knife and poke the cake to check if it is well done.Remove the cake from the oven and allow the cake to sit for 10 minutes, before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. If desired, frost the cake once it has cooled.
Please, like, share, and follow
Also comment any recipe you may want to know. Or basically anything i've got you covered.
Remember to share with your friends and follow me.
Content created and supplied by: Everythingcovered (via Opera News )