Nothing beats the taste of an Apple pie that you can make at home from scratch even though a store bought Apple pie tastes great. Making an Apple pie is not hard as it sounds and it will help one to cut costs and also it will be as fresh as possible. Follow the steps below and you will see that making an Apple pie is so easy.
**For the crust
- 2 cups of plain flower
- 1teaspoon of salt
- 90 grams of butter
- 10 tablespoons of water
- 1 egg and
** For the filling
- ⅓ cup of white sugar
- ⅓ cup of brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- ½ teaspoon Nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons of flour
- 6-8 medium sized Apple
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
• Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C)
• Make a clean spacious counter top available for rolling and kneading the dough.
• Mix the flour and salt in a large bowl, using a fork, cut the butter into the flour and mix until it forms tiny balls with the flour. Then slowly add the water.
• Knead with floured hand until a large dough is formed. Split the dough into 2, wrap them and refrigerate for 30 minutes before proceeding.
• After refrigerating, roll out one of the dough on a floured counter top. Roll it and form a circle that is 2 inches larger than the pie pan.
• Lift the flattened dough off the counter top slowly by wrapping it round the rolling pin.
• Unroll the dough over the pan and be careful not to let it tear. Fit it into the pan pressing it against all sides.
• Cut off overhanging edges.
• Then place the pie(Apple shell) back into the refrigerator.
• Make the filling. Peel the apples and slice them into small cubes. Pour into a large bowl and mix in the white and brown sugar, the nutmeg, salt, lemon juice and flour. After mixing, drain the apple and then heat the liquid produced with 3 cubes of butter in the microwave until it is reduced to ⅓ of it's size and becomes thicker.
• Roll out the other dough on a floured surface like you did with the first one. Gently fold it into half and cut the dough into many lengthy strips as it can yield.
• Remove the pie(Apple shell) from the refrigerator. Pour the apple filling and liquid product into the apple shell. Spread it out with the back of a spoon. There should be enough filling to fill the entire pan and stack up above the edge.
• Beat the egg and brush the edges of the pie shell with it.
• Place the sliced dough over the filling and cut off the excess edges with a butter knife. Use your thumb and press it down on the edges of the pie to seal it.
• Brush the top with the remaining beaten egg. Sprinkle milk and sugar over the top. This helps to brown the top.
• Bake at 400°F (200°C) for 15 minutes. Lower the heat of the oven to 375°F (190°C) and bake for 45 minutes.
• Remove when the top crust is Golden brown.
•Allow the pie to cool for 45 minutes to 1 hours at room temperature before serving.
Hit the like button if you like what you just read.
Leave your comments below. Remember to share.
Content created and supplied by: Amore1 (via Opera News )