FIVE (5) FOODS THAT COULD CAUSE DAMAGE TO THE KIDNEY.
The kidney is one very Important organ in the body system and it is very,very essential that it is kept safe and healthy in order to have to have it function. One of the very Important function of the kidney is that it removes waste products from the body. The kidneys also perform their life-sustaining job of filtering and returning to the bloodstream about 200 quarts of fluid every 24 hour, about two quarts are removed from the body in the form of urine, and about 198 quarts are recovered. To avoid a damage or damages in the kidney,there are certain foods that should be reduced or totally scrapped off the food diet. These foods include;
(1) Red meat: Too much animal protein especially meat could cause damage to the according to research, a diet rich in animal-based proteins could also increase the risk of developing kidney stones from uric acid, while a vegetarian diet lowered the uric acid and prevented formation of stones. Animal protein generates high amounts of acid in the blood that can be harmful to the kidneys and cause acidosis. Acidosis is a condition in which kidneys cannot eliminate acid fast enough. Protein is needed for growth, upkeep and repair of all parts of the body but your diet should be well balanced with fruits and vegetables.
(2) salt: The most commonly used form of salt is processed table salt. When you eat too much salt, your kidneys respond by retaining water in order to dilute this electrolyte in your bloodstream to maintain proper heart function and this places alot of load on the kidneys. long-term intake of too much salt can damage the kidneys along with the heart and aorta. Diets high in salt are high in sodium, which can increase blood pressure and, in turn, harm your kidneys. Sodium overload leads to increased blood pressure, which puts a strain on your kidneys. Salt intake may also raise blood pressure, which can cause damage to the kidney’s nephrons, which filter wastes. Flavor your foods with herbs and spices instead of salt. Over time, you may find it easier to avoid using salt (sodium) on your food.
(3) Caffeine: Caffeine in coffee, tea, soda, and foods can also place a strain on your kidneys. Because caffeine is a stimulant, it can stimulate blood flow, increasing blood pressure and stress on the kidneys. Excessive caffeine intake has also been linked to most causes of kidney stones diseases.
(4) Sugar: Sugar is found in most foods, natural and processed, so it's important to be aware of the fact that it is lurking in abundance. Sugar contributes to obesity which increases your risk of developing high blood pressure and diabetes which are also two of the leading causes of kidney disease. Fruits are a source of natural sugar, which offer many vitamins and minerals our bodies need. It’s foods with added sugars, however, that tend to be low on the nutritional value scale. It may surprise you that condiments, bread, and other snack foods contain added sugar too. Avoid condiments, breakfast cereals, and white bread which are all sneaky sources of processed sugar. Always Pay attention to the ingredients when buying packaged goods to avoid added sugar in your diet.
(5) carbonated beverages/soda: Carbonated beverages such as soda (with or without artificial sweetener) and energy drinks are associated with the formation of kidney stones. According to the American Kidney Fund, a recent study suggests that drinking two or more carbonated sodas, diet or regular, each day may increase your risk for chronic kidney disease.
Apart from foods, ther are several other habits that could cause great risk of diseases of diseases to the kidney as well. Some of these habits are;
-Too much intake of Processed Foods.
-Not drinking enough Water.
-Sitting for excessively long periods. It was recently discovered to be linked to the development of kidney diseases.
Content created and supplied by: Sammystandard (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More